I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful Easter weekend.
We enjoyed the day at church and then dinner with friends. There was so much yummy food. I am excited to share some of the great new recipes with you in the next few weeks – after a few more lemon recipes!
Easter and lemon just go together at our house. Easter dinner would not be complete with out some type of lemon dessert. In the past we have enjoyed Lemon Angel Pie and Marilyn’s Lemon Curd and Ice Cream Pie.
I tried a new lemon dessert this Easter – a recipe that was sent to me by Brandee. This pie is SO GOOD! It was a huge hit at Easter dinner. It is a smooth and sweet pie with just the right amount of lemon loveliness!
The original recipe called for a pastry crust but Brandee said she preferred a graham cracker crust so I took her suggestion.
I learned a great new tip for making a graham cracker crust from my America’s Test Kitchen Family Cookbook.
Use your measuring cup to press the crumbs into the bottom and sides of the pie pan to get a nice smooth, even crust!
Spread with whipped cream and garnish with lemon twists.
- 1 C Sugar
- 3 Tbsp plus 1-1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon peel
- 1/2 C lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 Cup milk
- 1/4 Cup butter, cubed
- 1 Cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked or graham cracker crust
- 1 Cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- * Lemon twists for garnish
- 1 1/4 C graham cracker crumbs
- 5 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon peel, juice, egg yolks and milk in heavy saucepan
- Cook over medium heat until thickened
- Stir in butter
- Cool mixture to room temperature
- Add in sour cream
- Pour into Graham Cracker Crust
- Top with Whipped Cream
- Garnish with lemon twists
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
- Pour the crumbs into a pie plate
- Use your measuring cup to press crumbs into bottom and sides of pie plate
- Bake at 325 until the crust begins to brown - about 15-20 minutes
- Allow to cool
Store in refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings
What did you have for Easter dinner dessert?