So I think I may have just begun a love affair with brussels sprouts. I know, weird, but true. I can’t believe it has taken me this long to finally give them a try. My first try at brussels sprouts was this recipe for Teriyaki Glazed Roasted Brussels Sprouts which is delicious!! Truly amazing. I think Lemon Roasted Brussels Sprouts would make the perfect vegetable for your Easter dinner. I know asparagus is more traditional but these are so good! I promise!
If you are a non believer when it comes to Brussels Sprouts I just have one thing to say to you – try it! Seriously, they have a totally bad rap. Undeserved in my book. So they may look a little strange the way they grow and they may look like little baby cabbages but when they are prepared the right way they are yummy! I think they are totally cute. In fact I just bought some seeds so I can grow my own this summer.
For today’s recipe I cut them in half and then coated them in some olive oil, salt and sugar.
Then place them on a baking sheet and bake them for about 10 minutes and turn and then add in some lemon slices and roast for another 5 minutes or so until they are fork tender. Time will vary depending on the size of your brussels sprouts.
After you remove them from the oven drizzle a mixture of lemon rind, butter and pepper over the roasted sprouts.
Sprinkle with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Yum!!
I think Lemon Roasted Brussels Sprouts would be a perfect side dish for Easter dinner or brunch.
Recipe slightly adapted from Some the Wiser.
For some other delicious veggie recipes try these:
- 2 lbs. brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 lemon, cut into rounds
- 1 tsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp freshly cracked pepper
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl combine sprouts, olive oil, sugar and salt and toss to coat.
- Pour onto baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Roast for 10 minutes and then turn sprouts and add lemon slices.
- Roast for an additional 10 minutes or until sprouts are golden and tender.
- In a small bowl combine melted butter, pepper and lemon rind.
- Drizzle over roasted sprouts.
- Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese to serve.