Italian Soda Bar

Italian Soda Bar

We are on a little bit of party overload at our house but I couldn’t wait to share some of the fun photos from our Sail Away Graduation Party Saturday night.  But first I have to say a great big thank you to my dear friend Marsha who showed up at my door about an hour before the party started and just stepped right in and helped out.  She saved the day and thanks to her everything was ready to go when the kids got here!!

The party was a smashing success.  I love having a backyard full of happy teenagers enjoying themselves!!  I think one of the biggest hits of the night was the Italian Soda Bar so that’s what I’m going to share first.  It was so fun!!!

_dsc0877

It is easy to put together too.

_dsc0768

I went to Cash & Carry and picked up a variety of flavored syrups.  We had strawberry (the one that disappeared first), raspberry, pomegrante, orange, cherry lime, guava, mango, and watermelon.  My favorite flavor combo was guava and mango.

_dsc0773

You will also need mineral water.  I got mine at Trader Joe’s.    You will also needs lots of ice and whip cream (I just got the kind in the can).

_dsc0882

And of course some straws.

_dsc0771

The directions are easy:  Just fill your cup with ice, some syrup, mineral water and then top it off with whip cream and a straw.

_dsc0875

It was fun to see what flavor combinations they came up with.

Here’s the cute graduation girl.

_dsc0863

_dsc0860

_dsc0864

Lots more graduation party fun to come!!

Comments

1. Tamara says

Love this idea. . . . . . .Today is our Second Anniversary and I am going to surprise Richard with an Italian soda. Hugs!

I’m so glad you posted how to make Italian sodas today! I have been wanting to make some. Can you estimate about how much flavoring you put in the cup? Thanks for sharing. The party looks beautiful!

Totally depends on how sweet you like it. I usually put a couple tablespoons in. Would also depend on the size of the class you want. You can just experiment to figure out your own special recipe. Have fun!!

Great idea. I’m filing this one away for my next graduate! So glad you had nice weather. I remember all too well stressing about the weather for our outdoor party last year.

4. Mary Kathryn says

We went on an Italian Cream Soda fix a few years back but I think we used just cream. I quickly got a little extra plump around the edges before I realized maybe Italian Cream Soda’s only for special occasions. I think it may be time to make some again. :)

5. marti says

We had these for the first time at our granddaughter’s wedding reception in Utah in April and everone loved them! One of the flavors was chocolate and it was delicious mixed with a fruit flavor. Instead of whipped cream they poured in cream at the top, and used soda water instead of mineral water. I’m not sure how that would make a difference. Yummy is the word!

You want a little fizz in your water so mineral water or soda water works best I think. I know people have even used 7 up. But if you don’t like fizz I am sure regular filtered water would be fine too.

6. Vivian Archbold says

This is a great idea! Never heard of it, but looks fun! I am one that loves to be in the kitchen and try new things. I am having my Bridal Shower in a couple of months and our theme is Italian and I am sure the girls will love the Idea! Thanks and God Bless!

The Italian Soda bar would be perfect for your Italian theme. A friend just had her son’s wedding reception this last weekend and she set one up and it was the hit of the reception!

Just found your blog when I googled “Italian Soda” and LOVE the idea of an Italian Soda Bar. We are BIG on parties at our house … already have a serious coffee bar (filled with flavored sodas) … and even have a stock of Italian Soda Glasses from my days as at waitress at the Old Spaghetti Factory. So, looks like I am set for a new “bar” at our next party.

Can’t wait to read more of your blog. :)

Laurel
    mama of 12: ages 10, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18, 21, 23, 23, 25, 26, 27

I bought them from a store called Gygi’s in Salt Lake City but there are several etsy shops that sell them also. Just search for striped paper straws on etsy.com

1. [...] and my biggest fear in life is running out of food, I decided that maybe the S’mores Bar, Italian Soda Bar and the Roasted Corn, Strawberry and Avocado Salsa I made for our Labor Day potluck BBQ might not [...]