Fig Glazed Pork Tenderloin

Fig Glazed Pork Tenderloin We are not big ham eaters at our house.   Since ham is the traditional main dish for Easter I’m always looking for something else to serve.  I usually opt for pork tenderloin.  It’s from the same animal at least. I have several pork tenderloin recipes I really like and use all the time – Pork Tenderloin with Apple Cranberry Sauce, Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Orange Marmalade, and Balsamic Roast Pork Tenderloin. There is a new one to add to the list.  I have made Fig Glazed Pork Tenderloin several times now and we love it more each time. Don’t let the fig thing scare you.  The recipe uses fig preserve and it is delicious.  The addition of stone ground dijon mustard and balsamic vinegar to the preserve make for a delicious pork glaze. I used a smaller tenderloin – about 2 lbs. so I halved the glaze recipe. Line your pan with foil before placing the tenderloin in it to make for easier clean up. Brush both sides of the tenderloin with the glaze.  Bake in a 350 oven for 40-50 minutes or until the pork is cooked through.  Glaze several times during the cooking process. Remove the tenderloin from the pan and allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes.  It will continue to cook during this time.  I place a piece of foil over the top to keep the heat in.  Then slice into serving size pieces. If your family loves their ham this glaze would also be delicious on ham.

Fig Glazed Pork Tenderloin

• 1 pork tenderloin 3-4 lbs.
  • 1 13 oz. jar fig preserves (I used Bonne Maman)
  • 3 tsp whole grain dijon mustard
  • 2 tsp balsamic vinegar

• Mix together preserves, mustard and vinegar.
  • Line pan with foil and place tenderloin in pan
  • Brush with glaze mixture on both sides
  • Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until meat is cooked
  • Brush with glaze several times during cooking process.

Comments

Laurie says:

Thanks for another delicious-looking recipe! I think I will try it for this weekend. I’ve never cooked a pork tenderloin. Any hints on how to check for “doneness”? Do you use a meat thermometer?

This sounds so good, Leigh Anne. I’m not a big ham lover either, so we are having lamb. But I will be using this idea for those weekly pork tenderloin suppers.
    Heather @ new house, new home, new life recently posted..Sunday Morning in the Garden – Wordless Wednesdays

Hi, I found you through Sugar and Dots link up party. This looks delicious! I’ve recently made a fig spread that you might want to try: http://www.abakershouse.com/2012/03/fig-plum-conserve.html
    I use it on pork but never thought to combine it with dijon as you have. I can’t wait to try it!
    Thanks for sharing!
    from Holly @www.abakershouse.com
    Holly @www.abakershouse.com recently posted..Mini Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

JenM says:

Yum, I love pork tenderloin, will have to try this version. I recently made a glaze with peach jam, a little bbq sauce & a squeeze of siracha hot sauce.

Love anything fig so love this!

K Davis says:

This sounds so yummy. I haven’t been able to find fig preserves. Where do you find it?

nekowaif says:

Never had a fig outside of a newton before, but I found myself gifted with a jar of fig preserves and gave this recipe a try…very easy and absolutely delicious!

Mrsmarling says:

OMG Amazing!! Love this glaze! What a fab combo of flavours thank you!

MAC says:

OK
    I’ve done pork tenderloin a couple of dozen ways over 20 years of marriage and this was hands down the best. The slight gaminess of the pork matches the unusual sweet of the fig preserves perfectly. Thanks for posting.

1. […] Smashed Pea Crostini This is a wonderful spring appetizer – fresh peas mixed with ricotta, mint and parmesan on a crisp slice of baguette. A Canadian Living favorite originally served by my friend, Sandy (one of the famous Blue Hats) The recipe is below.  Fig Glazed Pork Tenderloin Okay so I’m going to break my rule of not serving new recipes. But I don’t think I can go wrong with this pork tenderloin recipe as it only has 4 ingredients. Originally shown to us by Leigh Anne at Your Homebased Mom, I’ve wanted to try this recipe for a few weeks now. Pork tenderloin is always one of my “go to” dishes when having a casual dinner. It’s easy to prepare either in the oven, on top of the stove or even the BBQ. Head over to Your Homebased Mom for the recipe. […]