Dressed Up Caramel Corn} Peanut Butter/Chocolate & Butterscotch/White Chocolate

Looking for something new and yummy to fill those Trick or Treat bags? Try today’s dressed up caramel corn recipe!

Last week I put together a care package for my college kids (actually two college kids and one college graduate!).

Last year I went all out with their Halloween care package.  Remember those darling Halloween buckets?

Trick or Treat Buckets

I filled them with those cute candy corn rice krispie treats.

candy corn rice krispies

And candy corn pretzel rods too…

candy corn pretzels

Well this year I didn’t get quite as elaborate – just a few too many things going on around here this last week.

But they did get some candy corn cookie bark!

I also added in one of their favorite treats to get in a care package - caramel corn.  Not only is it yummy but it makes for great packaging material too!  Keeps everything well padded.

I always use my basic microwave caramel corn recipe - it’s our favorite!

I decided to dress up the caramel corn a little bit this time.  I have jazzed it up before with a white chocolate drizzle which was awesome.  This time I decided to see what I had in my baking pantry.

There was a bag of cinnamon chips, butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and some white almond bark.  I love the combo of cinnamon and caramel so thought I ‘d drizzle the cinnamon chips over the caramel corn but unfortunately the cinnamon chips would not melt – they just turned into one giant lump of cinnamon chips!

Onto the next idea…

I also love the combo of peanut butter and chocolate so I melted the peanut butter chips and drizzled them over the caramel corn and then melted the milk chocolate chips.  Then I sprinkled on some Reese’s Pieces – can you really have too much peanut butter and chocolate??

The combo was awesome and looked Halloweenie too!
Halloween Popcorn

HalloweenPopcorn

Next I decided to combine the white Almond Bark and Butterscotch chips.

Halloween Popcorn

It was amazing !  In fact it was my favorite and the one that disappeared first.  So sorry college kids – you are getting  just plain caramel corn!
HalloweenPopcorn

Just pop up a batch of caramel corn and then see what’s in your pantry!  Try my flavor combinations or make up one of your own.  If you come up with a good one – let me know!

Comments

Emmy says:

Your caramel corn looks delicious! The recipe sounds so easy too! Thanks for sharing.

Lynda says:

Oh my gosh – everything looks so wonderful! Especially love the caramel corn :)

Maureen says:

Every time I read your blog, I gain weight..why is that..Thanks for always sharing your amazing talent..

Lisa says:

I was sooo lucky to have your caramel corn last week. I ate the whole bag while doing some late night sewing up for Little Princess. My kids would love it too, now I have time to make some up!

Cara says:

I love all of it, the Halloween buckets, the popcorn, all of it! You are such a great mom! I’m sure your college kids are going to be very popular with their friends at school after they get these care packages. :)

Cassie says:

Oh my, that looks soooo delicious! Too bad I’m on a diet (trying to lose my pregnancy weight), otherwise I would gobble that all up! You’d better hide it from me. ;)

Karen Emerson says:

I will be going out first thing tomorrow to buy the peanut butter chips and the chocolate chips and the caramel corn and the reeses pieces! YUM!

Sook says:

Oh wow, I think I gained 5 lbs just looking at the pictures! I want to try your caramel popcorn recipe!!

I adore the candy corn recipe crispy treats. What a creative way to make an old favorite more festive. So cute.

Why did it take me so long to find your blog?! I want you to be my mom! :) Linked your page to my Halloween Themed Food ideas for kids.
    Sarah BB @ East9thStreet recently posted..Halloween Themed Food For Kids

Amy says:

I made the peanut butter/Chocolate carmel Corn but I had a hard time wiht the Peanut butter chips getting them to melt so I could drizzle it, so I added some reg PB and now its not hardening…..any ideas??? Other than that its very good!!!