Crockpot Pork Roast is full of flavor and so easy because it’s done in a crockpot and only has 5 ingredients! Dinner has never been easier or more delicious. Crockpot Pork Roast was the perfect post holiday meal. After the holidays I always struggle a bit with getting back into the swing of cooking. My excuse is usually that I cooked so much over the holidays that I’m just cooked out. I can’t use that excuse this year because I didn’t really cook for Thanksgiving. We were in Utah and I bought the pies!
We love a good pork roast or pork tenderloin at our house and today’s recipe for Crockpot Pork Roast hit the spot this week. It smelled wonderful as it cooked and tasted great. The best part was how easy it was. A great way to ease myself into cooking again! One of the great things about this pork roast is all the options you have available to you. You can eat it just as a roast, add some potatoes and veggies and you are good to go. We decided to make Pork Nachos out of it and they were delicious. The pork would also be great shredded and put in a taco, burrito, enchilada, quesadilla, you get the idea.
I did a 6 lb. roast and it will feed us for quite a while. It freezes great too so just shred it up and pop it in a freezer bag.
The very best part? It only takes 5 ingredients – pork, onions, chicken broth, salt and some seasoning. (Update 1/2017 – the original McCormick Grill Mates Backyard Brick Oven Seasoning is no longer available. I have come up with a comparable seasoning mix. It does require more than one ingredient so technically the recipe is no longer only 5 ingredients)
Crockpot Pork Roast Recipe – only 5 ingredients
Check out my favorite crockpot here!
- 2 large sweet onions sliced
- 1 5-6 lb. pork should roast
- 2 Tbsp McCormick Grill Mates Backyard Brick Oven Seasoning garlic, oregano, red pepper blend - no longer available
- update: since this seasoning is no longer available use:
- 1/2 tsp dried minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp minced onion
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 C of chicken broth
- Grease a 6 qt. slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place onions in bottom of cooker.
- Rub pork with seasoning blend and salt.
- Place on top of onions. Pour broth over roast.
- Cover and cook on high for 6-7 hours or low for 9-10 or until meat pulls apart easily with a fork.
- Remove from crockpot and shred meat. Remove any large pieces of fat.
- Save some of the juice to spoon over pork when serving.
Recipe from Southern Living.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!