Cinnamon Roll Cake

Do you ever crave cinnamon rolls?  That sweet, gooey-ness??  Then you think about how much time is involved in making them and you just get over it?

Well, I have the perfect solution!  Make a cinnamon roll cake.

You get all the same sweetness and gooey-ness in so much less time!

I took the cake to a potluck dinner we were invited to and brought home an empty pan.  In fact we were scrapping the sides of the pan as I left, trying to get every last bit of yumminess out of the pan!!

I found the recipe over at Pinterest.  One of my newest addictions.  If you haven’t checked it out you should!  If you need an invite to join let me know.  It’s a great way to keep track of all those great recipes and ideas you find on your favorite blogs.  (Hint:  Feel free to pin any of mine!!)

The recipe came from Cookin’ Up North who got it from someone else, who got it from…. You know how it works here in the blog world.

Be sure and time it so you can eat this cake warm – everyone knows a cinnamon roll tastes better warm!

Cinnamon Roll Cake

1/2 c. butter, melted

Topping:
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp. cinnamon

Mix everything together except for the butter. Slowly stir in the melted butter and pour into a greased 9×13 pan. For the topping, mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Drop evenly over the batter and swirl with a knife. Bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes.

Glaze:
2 c. powdered sugar
5 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

While warm drizzle the glaze over the cake.

Comments

Jessica Kirkman says:

Pinterest looks great! I have been waiting for 3 days now to be invited! :( I love all of your recipes by the way! The cinnamon roll cake looks delish, I will have to try that when I have company staying over!

Jamie says:

I can’t seem to get the whole printable recipe to open up. It only comes up as the title. Am I just having computer issues? Sorry to bother you about it, I just wondered if I was the only one have problems. I will try again later:)

Andrea M says:

would you send me a pintrest invite to pattysmom28 (at) yahoo (dot) com.
    Thanks!

Dawn says:

Leigh Anne, I also pinned this recipe awhile ago and I’m so glad you reminded me. Also, by joining Pinterest through the Facebook link, it seems to work pretty quickly. I think you go to Pinterest and then click on the fb icon and follow the prompts from there. No waiting.

Kim says:

That pictures of the cinnamon roll cake look yummy. I want to try it over the weekend. Would you send me an invite to pinterest as well? Looks like an intriguing site worth checking out.
    Kim recently posted..Ionic Pro Turbo

I know exactly what you mean!!! I have been craving cinnamon rolls for like a month but I just cant get myself to do all the work! lol This is perfect! Heaven Sent Recipe : )
    Dakota Campbell recently posted..DIY Iced Coffee

Judy Krist says:

Could you please invite me to printerest…
    kristja@rogers.com

Love your blog…..

Anne says:

I want this! NOW! Yum!

Peggy says:

Oh my! This looks soooooo good! Might have to try this. Thanks so much for sharing!

Katherine says:

I LOVE that recipe!
    I made that exact same recipe (different source – like you said, blogland….) a couple of years ago for Father’s Day and I have never tired of it. It’s perfect! No tweaking necessary.
    BTW – your’s looks much prettier than mine ever has :)
    Katherine recently posted..Serving Up {Drink}: Green Smoothie

Carrie Rollins says:

Hey There!

i adore anything that resembles a cinnamon roll, so this cake is a total wham-bam-thank-you-ma’am recipe! If you get the chance, would you mind inviting me on Pinterest? It’s carrie.rollins@yahoo.com Thanks!

Jodi says:

LOVE! your blog, can’t wait to try this. I am going to be starting up my own food blog soon. I would love an invite to pinterest. . . rtludlow66@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Tara B says:

Yummy! I just made cinnamon rolls yesterday – all that time and just me and Scott to eat them! Baby Crew took one look and decided he wouldn’t touch it. He’s smarter than the rest of us. Can’t wait to try this recipe. I was wandering around the grocery story realizing I had no idea what to cook because I hadn’t looked at your blog in a few days!

• 13.1
      Leigh Anne says:

SInce Crew won’t eat them I guess that just means more for you and Scott! Hope you enjoy the cake! Headed to Utah tomorrow to return my girls to school. Sad for me :(

Laurie says:

It’s a great recipe! Thanks for linking to my blog!

Oh my goodness. This looks SO good and super easy! And I must admit, I re-pin you quite frequently :)
    Rebecca @This Nest is Best recently posted..Frugal Finds: Estate Sale Shopping

Christine says:

Can you please send me an invite for Pinterest. I requested an invite 3 days ago and am still waiting. Thank you!!!

Gator Gal says Great! As my stomach turns with the anticipation of Tropical Storm Lee I am going to try these and with luck they will be ready before we lose power. I am going to try to incorporate sweet potatoes. The rolls I made now take forever so this may be anothet blessing!
    Please send me a pintrest invite to bienvenuehouse@hotmail.com

Love and kisses from the deep south or as they say here in south Louisiana “north Carribean!”

Michelle says:

Can I please, please get an invite to pinterest? I requested from their website and have been waiting for several weeks! It’s driving me crazy! I can’t wait to make a page to pin all my favorite recipes from your blog. There’s tons!
    You are awesome! Thanks!
    Michelle
    shellbueler@hotmail.com

Amy says:

Could you please send me an invite to Pinterest? I have trying for a few months. Thanks!

Amy

Sarah says:

Thanks so much Leigh-Anne for participating in our latest Blog Hop!

This is a great recipe!

Sarah @ RecipeLion
    Sarah recently posted..How to Formulate an Effective Blog Post

Dondi Williams says:

Would love an invite! Have been waiting for over a week! Addicted to the site!

Thank you! I have a potluck tomorrow and have been stewing over what to bring, this is it! I can’t wait to try it and am confident it will be as good as you say it is.

Dannette says:

I swear I can smell this through the screen it looks SO GOOD….and it’s beautiful too!

Sara says:

I made your Cinnamon Roll Cake tonight. It was delicious!! I did have to bake about 45 minutes for it to get done. It was still a bit soft in the middle, but the outside was awesome!! Is there something I did wrong?
    I did bake it in a glass dish, should I have baked longer??
    Thanks for any help.

• 24.1
      Leigh Anne says:

Don’t think you did anything wrong. People’s ovens cook differently and mine might cook hotter than yours. A cinnamon roll is suppose to be soft in the middle anyway!! Glad you enjoyed it! If it was too soft for you I would definitely cook it a bit longer.

Lois says:

My husband, who declares he’s not a dessert man, so there’s no point in making him anything, said tonight that if I’m going to change his mind about desserts, this is the one to lure him in with. It was amazing!
    Lois recently posted..Christmas