Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

It looks like my rebuilt laptop will be returning home from the computer hospital soon!  In the mean time I am taking advantage of the intermittent Internet connection I get on my old, tired desktop to get a post up!

My favorite dessert of all times is a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!  Some restaurants call it a Pizookie.  I first had one years ago with some girlfriends in Laguna Beach and have never forgotten the life changing experience.

Today’s recipe is a slightly more sophisticated form of that yummy dessert – basically the same thing but in the form of a pie.

I had a gathering of women at my home a few weeks ago and I served Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie for dessert- so yummy!!  It is an easy to throw together, last minute dessert.  I like to keep frozen pie crusts in the freezer so that when the urge hits I am ready to go!

The filling for the pie is just like cookie dough and tastes great uncooked – just like cookie dough!

The pie is pretty gooey when it comes out of the oven.

gooey tollhouse pie (1)

If you prefer your cookies not so gooey just let it set up for a while.  Top it with a scoop of ice cream and enjoy!!!  Yum!!!

chocolate chip cookie pie - Page 244

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

• 1/4 lb. butter (1 stick or cube), melted and cooled
  • 1 C sugar
  • 1/2 C flour
  • 2 eggs, well beaten
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 C walnuts or pecans, I left these out
  • 1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 9" unbaked pie shell

• Mix all ingredients and pour into pie shell.
  • Bake 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees.
  • It will still be nice and gooey.
  • Serve warm or at warm temperature

Comments

Patti says:

I found a cute cast-iron skillet called Skookie which is made specifically for the Pizookie-type dessert. Oh yum-oh yum! This pie looks killer good. Can you pretty much put any c.c.c. recipe into a pie crust and come up with the same result? I would think no, because your recipe only has 1/2 cup flour. And, I love you for leaving out the nuts. I will be doing the same. Yucky nuts!

Lianne says:

Oh, yum! My daughter and I are trying to lick the computer monitor! That looks great!

Kirsty says:

You are KILLING me. I am trying to give sugar a break for a while but man..if there was ever something to test my resolve.

Oh Leigh Anne, I NEED a piece of this RIGHT NOW! Seriously I’m about to lick the screen. I’ve had something similar to that but it’s been so long and I’ve never made it myself. I’ll definitely be trying it!

Oh, and I have a Skookie pan too, they’re fun!

Stephanie says:

Wow, I really want some of this now!

Hey Leigh Anne- I’m going to make this for a friend who just had a baby. You said to serve warm or at “warm” temperature. Did you mean room temp? Or should it be eaten warm? I’m wondering if I can make it early in the day and take it at room temp later. Let me know what you think

-Sara

Melody says:

Thanks for this recipe. On Sundays, at the BYU cafeteria at Helaman Halls, I remember having a yummy Tol House pie like this one. Good memories! Bring on the ice cream!

Roxanna says:

I am sitting at my computer eating a piece of this pie right now! It is wonderful! I recommend it to all of you-and it was sooooo easy!

Tamara Reber says:

Every time I click into your blog, I think I gain 5 pounds dreaming of all the yummy creations. THANKS for sharing!

I made this for a friend today and since I felt left out, I made a variation of it for my family too. Both were a hit! I think I’ll post my mini-version on my blog sometime soon. Thanks for the yummy recipe :)

Elizabeth says:

This is probably the yummiest pie we have had! We are making it again tonight!

Rita Reyes says:

These are a great Gourmet Cookie

Amy says:

Brilliant….and printing :D

Hi Leigh Anne, Just wanted to tell you that I love your blog…and love this recipe! I’ve loved it from the first time you served it back in 1997, when I was coming to your house to scrapbook!! :) I always knew you were creative and crafty…I’m glad I found you on here and will keep following!