Today’s recipe for Chicken Breasts Supreme with Artichoke Hearts and Mushrooms is a keeper. We’ve been making it in our family for decades!
This post is sponsored by Foster Farms® but all opinions are my own.
Today’s recipe is one my mother and I have made for years. I’ve made it for many a dinner party and for several large group events at church. My mom just recently used the recipe for a woman’s event at church. It is one of those recipes that always gets lots of oohs and aahs, is delicious and that everyone thinks is so sophisticated. The best part – it is so easy!!
This recipe was given to my mom by her parents next door neighbor in California many, many years ago. Probably close to 50 years ago and we’ve been making it ever since. It can be made with bone in chicken breasts or boneless and today I used Foster Farms® Simply Raised Breast Fillets. I love that they have no added hormones, steroids or antibiotics. The chickens are also totally 100% Vegetarian Fed. Foster Farms® Simply Raised is available now at major supermarkets and retailers and Foster Farms Organics is in Costco now and select stores.
With Foster Farms® Simply Raised you know that you are getting fresh chicken that is American Humane Certified™, 100 percent natural, no added sodium, and I especially like that it is West Coast grown.
The first step in the recipe is to lightly brown your chicken in butter after sprinkling it with salt, pepper and paprika
Then place it in a 9 x 13 pan with artichoke hearts.
Saute your mushrooms in some more butter, add in hot chicken broth and pour that over the chicken.
It’s then ready to bake. If using boneless chicken breasts, bake for about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. With bone in breasts they will take a little longer, about 45 minutes.
I love to serve this dish with our family’s favorite rice dish, rile pilaf. This dish is always a crowd pleaser and best of all, it’s delicious!
- 4-6 chicken breasts skinned, with or without bone
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 5 Tbsp butter divided
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms trimmed, washed and halved
- 2 C hot chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 14 oz. jar artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Saute in butter over medium heat in a heavy skillet.
- Remove when lightly golden brown on both sides.
- Saute mushrooms in same skillet. Add in 1-2 additional tablespoons of butter so that mushroom don't stick.
- Add in hot chicken broth and flour. Stir to incorporate flour.
- Place chicken and artichoke hearts in 9 x 13 pan.
- Cover with mushroom mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 30-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Boneless breasts will take around 30 and bone in breasts will take about 45 minutes
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Foster Farms®.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!