This is the third and final recipe from the dessert table at Mummies Night Out.
One of my favorite fall combinations – apple and caramel.
I love it, oh, so many ways. Here is one of my favorites.
I just discovered a new favorite way to enjoy apples and caramel together – Apple Caramel Bundt Cake.
This recipe came from my good friend Deb back in Minnesota. She promised me I would love it and as always, she was right!
It was part of the dessert buffet at my Mummies Night Out fundraiser and got lots of rave reviews. I thought it looked darling with my Halloween cake bunting I made for the party.
The cake is full of goodness – apples and pecans but the best part is the entire thing is bathed in caramel sauce!
I made the cake in the morning because of time restraints and it was delicious but I think it would be amazing to eat it smothered in the caramel sauce warm out of the oven. Heaven!
I have issues with getting cakes out of cake pans all in one piece. The bath of caramel helps to hide a multitude of sins! Or at least no one is boing to care that it doesn’t look perfect after they taste it!
Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
- 3 eggs
- 2 C sugar
- 1 1/2 C canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 C cake flour Deb says she used regular and it worked fine
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 C apples chopped and peeled (I used jonagold)
- 1 C pecans coarsely chopped
- 1/2 C butter
- 1/4 C milk
- 1 C brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and flour bundt pan, set aside
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy; gradually add sugar; blend in oil and vanilla
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda; add to egg mixture
- Stir in apples and pecans
- Pour into bundt pan and bake for one hour or until cake tests done
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients for sauce; boil for 3 minutes, stir constantly
- Set aside
- When cake is done, let cool in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack
- Remove cake to platter; slowly pour caramel topping over warm cake and serve
- I poked holes in the cake with a bambook skewer before pouring the caramel sauce over it
- The Caramel Apple Bundt Cake was originally shared over to Portland Mama - just click on over here!
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!