Candy Corn Bar

Candy Corn Bar

Now that my kids are all grown up and most of them gone from home I need to get my little kid fun fix with my neighborhood kids!

We have invited several of the neighborhood families over for a Halloweenie Roast on Friday night.  We are hoping for no rain so that we can roast hot dogs out on the fire pit!

I have been busy working on a candy corn bar for the party.  It turned out so stinking cute I couldn’t wait to share it with you.

Candy Corn Bar

Did you know there are flavored candy corn?  I managed to track down several different flavors for our candy corn bar.

In addition to regular candy corn I found caramel candy corn, caramel apple candy corn and harvest mix.  I also threw in some candy corn kisses because who could resist these cute little things!!!

Candy Corn Bar

Candy Corn Bar

Candy Corn Bar

Candy Corn Bar

Candy Corn Bar

Several weeks ago I saw a cute Halloween craft idea over at a fun craft blog I like to visit – Not So Idle Hands.  I pulled out some of my old canning jars that have been gathering dust the past decade or so and turned them into a cute lantern.  Since I was going to be using them on my candy corn bar I turned some of them into glowing candy corn as well as jack o’ lanterns!  Aren’t they cute?

Candy Corn Bar

Candy Corn Bar

Candy Corn Bar

There is a great tutorial for making them over at Not So Idle Hands so check it out!!  She painted around the top of her jars but I used some of the cute Halloween ribbon I had picked up on sale at Michaels!

You can also print off the patterns for the jack o’ lantern faces here and here.

Have fun!  What are your Halloween plans??

Comments

How adorable!! Can I come over? I have 18 month old twins. :) They’ll give you a great kids fix. I just discovered your blog and love it!

2. Karen Cozatt says

How did you miss the Chocolate Carmel Candy Corn? WalMart has a bunch of different flavors. Your jars are darling. Sounds like a fun time will be had by all.

That is absolutely adorable!!! I wish I was your neighbor! I had no idea there was caramel apple candy corn — yum! I’ll have to be on the lookout for that.

Thanks for posting this. I am going to make the lanterns on Saturday with my kids. I have a bunch of cute little hexagon glass jars left over from when I made my wedding favors (almost 7 years ago) and they would be perfect for the lanterns. Plus, I already have Mod Podge, orange tissue paper and black paper on hand and some cute ribbon I picked up at Michael’s over the weekend, so it’s perfect!

Have a wonderful weenie roast and a very Happy Halloween!!! :o)

4. Melanie says

Your candy corn bar is adorable! The neighbor kids (& adults) will love it! Also, LOVE the lanterns! I really want to make some, they’ll last for many years to come:) We’ll be going to one of our new neighbors house for a chili dinner before going trick or treating on Saturday. Happy Halloween, have fun at your halloweenie roast.

5. Tammie says

I can’t remember now how I found your blog, But I LOVE IT! I also LOVE candy corn and had to post a comment. I eat candy corn for 3 months straight and would and could eat it all year round if you could buy it. You inspired me with the carmel corn and I can’t stop thinking about all the possiblities with it! My mouth has been watering for days! I would love a copy or some more recipies of your “candy corn folder” i would even pay you for it!!!

I want to come be your neighbor! We are going to our Ward’s Trunk or Treat tonight. My 5 year old daughter is sooo excited! My son is warming up to the idea of his Mickey ears but still prefers for me to wear them! I saw the tutorial and I like your spin on candy corn jars.

7. Mindy says

You are really so clever and I simply LOVE all of your fabulous ideas!! I have tried several of your recipes, and they have all turned out fantastic!! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us!

Aaaahhh! I like your angle…buttering up the neighborhood kids with candy PRIOR to Halloween. No kid in their right mind would even consider tricking your house! Having you as a neighbor must be a real treat!! Beautiful and fun candy bar!
    smiles!

9. Camie says

Love it! Where did you get your candy jars? My daughter is having a Candy Land b-day party next month and they would be perfect. Thanks!