You’re not surprised are you?
You knew I had to do it.
I thought my cookie bark days were over but when my neighbor called to let me know there was Easter candy corn at the grocery store I had to do it – I had to make some Bunny Cookie Bark!
I actually made two versions of Bunny Cookie Bark.
For the first one I used the Golden Double Stuffed Oreos. I combined that with some Easter M & M’s, vanilla almond bark, pretzels and some green sprinkles.
I really liked the addition of the golden oreos and it makes for a nice pretty pastel bark
For the second version I used the the Springtime Oreos, the ones with the yellow filling. Instead of M & M’s I used the Easter candy corn my neighbor told me about along with the pretzels and sprinkles.
Both versions worked great so give them both a try – I just did half a batch of each. Wouldn’t a little bag of Bunny Bark make a great addition to your Easter baskets this year?
- 14 whole Oreos, broken up.
- 1½ C pretzels, broken into pieces. I used the small stick pretzels
- 1 lb. white chocolate, almond bark or melts found in the bulk food section
- 1 C candy corn or M & M's
- Colored sprinkles
- Cover a large cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Spread broken cookies, pretzels and about ¾ C of the candy corn or M & M's onto the waxed paper.
- Place white chocolate in a container and microwave for 1½ minutes. Stir and then microwave for another 30 seconds until melted and smooth. White chocolate melts faster and burns easier than chocolate.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookie mixture, spreading with spatula if needed to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining candy corn and colored sprinkles over the chocolate while it is still wet. Do not let it harden.
- Place cookie tray into refrigerator until set and firm. Remove and gently break bark into small pieces.
- Store in air tight container.
For more fun check out my other blogs:
Best Breakfast}Besaw’s Cafe