Bunny Cookie Bark

Bunny Cookie Bark

You’re not surprised are you?

You knew I had to do it.

I thought my cookie bark days were over but when my neighbor called to let me know there was Easter candy corn at the grocery store I had to do it – I had to make some Bunny Cookie Bark!

I actually made two versions of Bunny Cookie Bark.

For the first one I used the Golden Double Stuffed Oreos.  I combined that with some Easter M & M’s, vanilla almond bark, pretzels and some green sprinkles.

Bunny Cookie Bark

I really liked the addition of the golden oreos and it makes for a nice pretty pastel bark

Bunny Cookie Bark

For the second version I used the the Springtime Oreos, the ones with the yellow filling.  Instead of M & M’s I used the Easter candy corn my neighbor told me about along with the pretzels and sprinkles.

Bunny Cookie Bark

Both versions worked great so give them both a try – I just did half a batch of each.  Wouldn’t a little bag of Bunny Bark make a great addition to your Easter baskets this year?

BUNNY COOKIE BARK - Page 457

Bunny Cookie Bark

• 14 whole Oreos, broken up.
  • 1½ C pretzels, broken into pieces. I used the small stick pretzels
  • 1 lb. white chocolate, almond bark or melts found in the bulk food section
  • 1 C candy corn or M & M's
  • Colored sprinkles
  1. Cover a large cookie sheet with wax paper.
  2. Spread broken cookies, pretzels and about ¾ C of the candy corn or M & M's onto the waxed paper.
  3. Place white chocolate in a container and microwave for 1½ minutes. Stir and then microwave for another 30 seconds until melted and smooth. White chocolate melts faster and burns easier than chocolate.
  4. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookie mixture, spreading with spatula if needed to coat evenly.
  5. Sprinkle remaining candy corn and colored sprinkles over the chocolate while it is still wet. Do not let it harden.
  6. Place cookie tray into refrigerator until set and firm. Remove and gently break bark into small pieces.
  7. Store in air tight container.

For more fun check out my other blogs:

Your Homebased Parties

Cookie Bouquets

Guys and Dolls

Homebased Portland

Best Breakfast}Besaw’s Cafe

Comments

1. MelanieL says

You know I love this! I like the first version because I’m addicted to M&M’s but they both look very yummy. I love the use of the golden oreos too, they make for a very pretty bunny bark:) Your college kids are going to love their treats!!

You are SO lucky that you are able to find candy corn in all colors and holiday flavors. I’m very jealous. I too love the Golden Oreos…it does make it very pretty!

We are in Utah visiting Lane and my family. My mom made your Lime Chicken Enchiladas and Rice on Monday Night. It is going to be a new family favorite. Thank you!!

I almost emailed you the other day to tell you I found Easter candy corn, but figured you probably had seen it too. I got some to make Easter bark with it. I got your recipe and made it at Halloween and it was a big hit so I’m going to do it again for Easter. Thanks!

4. Valerie H. says

These look so pretty in the pastel colors and in the little metal pail. I bought a bunch of the pails a couple years ago at the dollar store. Can be used for so many things. Thanks for sharing your Spring Bark recipes.

5. Allyson says

Now you are giving us choices in cookie bark?! You are amazing. Thank you for the newest recipe. Loving the golden oreos. Is it terrible that I want to do both the m & ms AND the candy corn in my bark?

6. cindy says

Hi Leigh Anne…I made the bunny bark for my kids teachers. They loved it. I used the little pastel buckets and put the bark in clear bags and tied with cute ribbon. The possibilities are endless…how about a 4th of July bark. Maybe called Firecracker Bark. How fun!

7. B.I'me says

Just made the pastel bark with my 5 yr old granddaughter. Gorgeous and delicious. I used a 10×15 pan; not large enough, the bark was too thick. I’ll use my half sheet pan next time.

8. Jenny Reitmeyer says

Would the cookie bark freeze well? I would love to double the recipe for two occasions ten days apart but don’t know if it would keep two weeks unfrozen?

9. Alex says

Mmmm this looks so delicious, thank you for the great recipe! I think I will try a batch with the pastel colored Jordan Almonds rather than candy corn, we’ll see if it works!

10. Dre says

Sad yet excited… I didn’t see the sprinkles on the ingredients list till I was getting ready to make the cookie bark… :( sniff, it’s so cute… Oh well, the fam won’t know, I’ll remember it next time. Thanks for sharing the recipe!! I can’t wait to surprise my fiancé! :)

Oh my goodness….this looks absolutely delicious! I’m so glad you came over and shared this on the FESTIVE FRIDAY FIESTA link party! This is a must try! Thanks so much for sharing this! Have a great night!

This looks so incredibly delicious!!! And so pretty to look at too! Thanks for sharing this on this week’s FESTIVE FRIDAY FIESTA Link Party! Hope you have a great weekend!!!

OOPS! Looks like this was SO good, I had to comment TWICE!!! haha! Sorry about that! I thought I had, but then I didn’t see the comment until after I left this second one!

What a special treat for Easter! Have a great St. Patrick’s Day and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

14. Leslie says

It is so pretty!

Thank you for linking up to Raising Imperfection!
    Make sure to check back on Friday to see if you were featured.
    Leslie

1. […] The other two recipes are new to me.  Every year, in addition to store-bought goodies, I make a few scrumptious treats to add to the Easter baskets for my niece and nephew. In the past I have made chocolate bunny suckers, and cookies to add to their baskets.  This year I wanted to try something new.  A few weeks ago I saw a couple of Easter themed recipes on “Pinterest” so I decided to give them a try. The first was for chocolate dipped Oreo’s.  It’s pretty simple actually.  You just dip the Oreo’s in melted chocolate and then top with sprinkles. The second recipe for bunny cookie bark is really simple too.  I love love love salty and sweet together, so this recipe appealed to me right away.  You simply mix crushed Oreo’s and pretzels, with M&M’s.  Then everything gets covered in white chocolate…YUM! I found this recipe on “Pinterest” too.  Here are the links to the recipes that I used: http://picky-palate.com/2010/03/30/white-fudge-dipped-easter-oreos/   and   http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/bunny-cookie-bark/ […]

2. […] i saw an easter bark on a super cute blog called your homebased mom.  she has a couple of different themed barks, and they all look delicious! check out the recipe i saw HERE. […]