Bunny Cookie Bark

Bunny Cookie Bark

You’re not surprised are you?

You knew I had to do it.

I thought my cookie bark days were over but when my neighbor called to let me know there was Easter candy corn at the grocery store I had to do it – I had to make some Bunny Cookie Bark!

I actually made two versions of Bunny Cookie Bark.

For the first one I used the Golden Double Stuffed Oreos.  I combined that with some Easter M & M’s, vanilla almond bark, pretzels and some green sprinkles.

Bunny Cookie Bark

I really liked the addition of the golden oreos and it makes for a nice pretty pastel bark

Bunny Cookie Bark

For the second version I used the the Springtime Oreos, the ones with the yellow filling.  Instead of M & M’s I used the Easter candy corn my neighbor told me about along with the pretzels and sprinkles.

Bunny Cookie Bark

Both versions worked great so give them both a try – I just did half a batch of each.  Wouldn’t a little bag of Bunny Bark make a great addition to your Easter baskets this year?

BUNNY COOKIE BARK - Page 457

Bunny Cookie Bark

• 14 whole Oreos, broken up.
  • 1 1/2 C pretzels, broken into pieces. I used the small stick pretzels
  • 1 lb. white chocolate, almond bark or melts found in the bulk food section
  • 1 C candy corn or M & M's
  • Colored sprinkles

• Cover a large cookie sheet with wax paper.
  • Spread broken cookies, pretzels and about 3/4 C of the candy corn or M & M's onto the waxed paper.
  • Place white chocolate in a container and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir and then microwave for another 30 seconds until melted and smooth. White chocolate melts faster and burns easier than chocolate.
  • Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookie mixture, spreading with spatula if needed to coat evenly.
  • Sprinkle remaining candy corn and colored sprinkles over the chocolate while it is still wet. Do not let it harden.
  • Place cookie tray into refrigerator until set and firm. Remove and gently break bark into small pieces.
  • Store in air tight container.

For more fun check out my other blogs:

Your Homebased Parties

Cookie Bouquets

Guys and Dolls

Homebased Portland

Best Breakfast}Besaw’s Cafe

Comments

MelanieL says:

You know I love this! I like the first version because I’m addicted to M&M’s but they both look very yummy. I love the use of the golden oreos too, they make for a very pretty bunny bark:) Your college kids are going to love their treats!!

pam says:

that would be a great gift for friends, i can not wait to make it

You are SO lucky that you are able to find candy corn in all colors and holiday flavors. I’m very jealous. I too love the Golden Oreos…it does make it very pretty!

We are in Utah visiting Lane and my family. My mom made your Lime Chicken Enchiladas and Rice on Monday Night. It is going to be a new family favorite. Thank you!!

Sarah says:

I almost emailed you the other day to tell you I found Easter candy corn, but figured you probably had seen it too. I got some to make Easter bark with it. I got your recipe and made it at Halloween and it was a big hit so I’m going to do it again for Easter. Thanks!

Valerie H. says:

These look so pretty in the pastel colors and in the little metal pail. I bought a bunch of the pails a couple years ago at the dollar store. Can be used for so many things. Thanks for sharing your Spring Bark recipes.

Linda says:

Ok, this is it! I’ve got to make some of your fabulous bark soon! I’ll give the Easter bark a try…it looks mighty delicious!

Dawn says:

Yummy, it looks so pretty too! You have been busy.

Allyson says:

Now you are giving us choices in cookie bark?! You are amazing. Thank you for the newest recipe. Loving the golden oreos. Is it terrible that I want to do both the m & ms AND the candy corn in my bark?

Valerie M. says:

So pretty and perfect for Easter.

cindy says:

Hi Leigh Anne…I made the bunny bark for my kids teachers. They loved it. I used the little pastel buckets and put the bark in clear bags and tied with cute ribbon. The possibilities are endless…how about a 4th of July bark. Maybe called Firecracker Bark. How fun!

I LOVE the pastels in this bark – so incredibly festive! Thanks for sharing – this is such a fun idea!
    Erin @ Brownie Bites recently posted..Ghirardelli Square – Chocolate Heaven

B.I'me says:

Just made the pastel bark with my 5 yr old granddaughter. Gorgeous and delicious. I used a 10×15 pan; not large enough, the bark was too thick. I’ll use my half sheet pan next time.

Jenny Reitmeyer says:

Would the cookie bark freeze well? I would love to double the recipe for two occasions ten days apart but don’t know if it would keep two weeks unfrozen?

• 13.1
      Leigh Anne says:

I have never frozen it and really don’t think it would be necessary if it is only 10 days. It is like candy and keeps well, just keep it airtight.

Elle says:

Lovely! Found you on Pinterest…. these look great.
    Elle recently posted..Carrot and Rutabaga Soup – Different and Delicious

Alex says:

Mmmm this looks so delicious, thank you for the great recipe! I think I will try a batch with the pastel colored Jordan Almonds rather than candy corn, we’ll see if it works!

Dre says:

Sad yet excited… I didn’t see the sprinkles on the ingredients list till I was getting ready to make the cookie bark… :( sniff, it’s so cute… Oh well, the fam won’t know, I’ll remember it next time. Thanks for sharing the recipe!! I can’t wait to surprise my fiancé! :)

EMily says:

oh wow yum!!! this looks SOOO good, could use some for a snack right now :o) Thanks for linking up to Tasteful Tuesdays!
    EMily recently posted..St. Patty’s Pasta and Tasteful Tuesday Party

Jeni says:

This is so cute, and looks very yummy!
    Jeni recently posted..The Dirty Myrtle

That looks so good. Would be the perfect addition to an Easter basket. Pinning!
    Vicky @ Mess For Less recently posted..End of the Rainbow Cookies

Paula J says:

These look so YUMMY!! I’m going to have to pin this one :)

Happy WW!

I am going to make this for my nephew! Found you at Your Whims Wednesday.
    Consie @ Atop Serenity Hill recently posted..Shamrocks and burlap wreath

Melanie Goad says:

These are too cute for Easter. I’ve pinned them so I’ll remember. I love making bark.
    Melanie Goad recently posted..Carribean Pork

Virginia says:

Sounds delicious and looks so pretty!
    Virginia recently posted..Trippin’ Part 1 (and a mural)

I love the salty and sweet combination you’ve created by adding the pretzels! Great recipe.
    madge | the vegetarian casserole queen recently posted..Corn and Cilantro Salad

Rosey says:

How perfect for the Easter pails!

I’m visiting today from Thursday’s Favorite Things. :)
    Rosey recently posted..Guest Bloggers?

Jenna says:

Adorable, on my ziplist and will make this weekend! I love recipes/snacks like this! Thanks

Oh my goodness….this looks absolutely delicious! I’m so glad you came over and shared this on the FESTIVE FRIDAY FIESTA link party! This is a must try! Thanks so much for sharing this! Have a great night!

This looks so incredibly delicious!!! And so pretty to look at too! Thanks for sharing this on this week’s FESTIVE FRIDAY FIESTA Link Party! Hope you have a great weekend!!!

These are so pretty and Easter-y! I love cookie bark. Going to pin for later!
    kalynbrooke | Creative Savings recently posted..Pretty Fabric Flower Tutorial {For Hair, Bags, Home Decor, & More!}

aquariann says:

Yum! ^.^

Btw, I’m hopping by from Whimsy Wednesday and hope you’ll join my Bunny Blog Hop fun, too.

These look amazing! I like the color combo!
    New follower stop by my blog when you can.

Christine says:

Gosh this sounds ingenious. And delicious!

Krista Low says:

This is so festive! Love it :)

Miz Helen says:

What a special treat for Easter! Have a great St. Patrick’s Day and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen
    Miz Helen recently posted..Whats For Dinner Next Week 3-17-13

What a terrific idea for easter… So festive. I love easter….. :)

hugs x
    Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique recently posted..Bassinet Dresser Combination Redo

So, you’re going to force me to make a pinboard dedicated to Holiday Barks! This looks great! Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

Such fun bark and perfect for Easter! Pinned and sharing on Facebook tomorrow :) Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!
    Trish – Mom On Timeout recently posted..Easy Homemade Potato Herb Wheat Rolls

This is a great idea. It is pretty and sounds delicious! Thank you for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!
    BinomialBaker recently posted..Foodie Friends Friday: “Green Foods” for St. Patrick’s Day

Too cute ~ perfect for Easter!

Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    Lanaya @ Raising Reagan recently posted..Raising Imperfection Sunday Link Up Week 19

Leslie says:

It is so pretty!

Thank you for linking up to Raising Imperfection!
    Make sure to check back on Friday to see if you were featured.
    Leslie

Lauren says:

What a fun snack for Easter! Thank you for sharing at our Pinteresting Party!
    Lauren recently posted..A Pinteresting Party | Week 83

Linda says:

That’s nice. Very nice. Yummy … Linda thanks for showing how.

Michelle says:

So cute! This just screams Easter–so perfect! Love the presentation in the little bucket. Thanks for linking!
    Michelle recently posted..See Ya in the Gumbo # 75 (potluck)

Ruthie says:

How fun for Easter! Pinned. Thanks so much for coming to (link) party with me… I hope you’ll come again next week to Super Saturday Show & Tell! http://www.whatscookingwithruthie.com xoxo~ Ruthie
    Ruthie recently posted..Breakfast Pie

I love candy bark.. Will have to look for easter candy corn. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends FRiday and I hope you will join us again this coming week.
    Marlys @Thisand That recently posted..Thyme and Maple Acorn Squash

Jess says:

What another cute idea!! :) Thanks again for linking up at the Link Up!
    Jess recently posted..Plucky’s Link Up #3

Oh wow! This looks so delicious!
    Michelle @yagottahaveahobby recently posted..Birthday Trix Treats

This looks so tasty, and once you pop it in that cute basket, it makes a perfect gift too! Thanks so much for linking up to Monday Funday!
    Kelly @ View Along the Way recently posted..Next Big Project: Moving on out(doors)

I do love your bark! Thanks for Sharing at Show Me Your Plaid Monday’s!
    Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen recently posted..Bunny Tail Lemon Cookies

What a BEAUTIFUL presentation. Wow. Thank you for sharing it on our blog, http://www.fineCraftGuild.com in the linky party. A new party opens today and sure hope to see you there!
    Rose :: Fine Craft Guild recently posted..Kaleidoscope Quilt Pattern

1. [...] The other two recipes are new to me.  Every year, in addition to store-bought goodies, I make a few scrumptious treats to add to the Easter baskets for my niece and nephew. In the past I have made chocolate bunny suckers, and cookies to add to their baskets.  This year I wanted to try something new.  A few weeks ago I saw a couple of Easter themed recipes on “Pinterest” so I decided to give them a try. The first was for chocolate dipped Oreo’s.  It’s pretty simple actually.  You just dip the Oreo’s in melted chocolate and then top with sprinkles. The second recipe for bunny cookie bark is really simple too.  I love love love salty and sweet together, so this recipe appealed to me right away.  You simply mix crushed Oreo’s and pretzels, with M&M’s.  Then everything gets covered in white chocolate…YUM! I found this recipe on “Pinterest” too.  Here are the links to the recipes that I used: http://picky-palate.com/2010/03/30/white-fudge-dipped-easter-oreos/   and   http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/bunny-cookie-bark/ [...]

2. […] i saw an easter bark on a super cute blog called your homebased mom.  she has a couple of different themed barks, and they all look delicious! check out the recipe i saw HERE. […]