One of the best parts of being a blogger is all the really nice bloggers you meet along the way.
I attended my very first blogger conference a few years ago and one of the first people I met was Laura from Real Mom Kitchen. She was so friendly and kindly let me hang a bit with her and her sister that day. I love Laura’s blog and have used many of her recipes. When she told me she was coming out with a cookbook I was so excited for her. I was even more excited when she shared with me an “advance” copy.
And in the meantime you can drool over these yummy brownies, a recipe I made from Laura’s new cookbook – Brownies for a Crowd.
I know some people prefer a chewy, gooey brownie and others a more cake like brownie. I am right in the middle and these brownies are just that – a little chewy but not too chewy and a little cake like but not too cake like.
The recipe calls for a chocolate frosting but I ran out of time and butter so I just sprinkled them with a little powdered sugar!
In addition to being just the right consistency of brownie this recipe makes a large batch – it totally filled my 12 x 17 jelly roll pan almost to overflowing! I had a couple of different meetings at my house this past week and this big batch of brownies was perfect.
The next time you need a nice big batch of brownies give this recipe a try and be sure and check out Laura’s new cookbook.
- 8 eggs
- 4 C sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. vanilla
- 2 C butter, melted
- 3 C flour
- 1½ C cocoa
- 4 C powdered sugar
- ½ C butter, softened
- ½ C cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat eggs in mixer until blended
- Add in sugar, salt and vanilla and beat for 1 minute
- Add in melted butter and blend together well
- In another bowl mix flour and cocoa and whisk until well blended
- Add flour/cocoa mixture to wet mixture and mix until well combined
- Spread into a greased 12 x 17 jelly roll pan
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Cool for 15 minutes and then frost
- Mix together powdered sugar, butter, and cocoa along with enough milk to make the frosting a good consistency to spread
- Spread over brownies after they have cooled for 15 minutes
- The frosting will melt, making it nice and even with the brownies
- Allow to cool