One of the best parts of being a blogger is all the really nice bloggers you meet along the way.
I attended my very first blogger conference a few years ago and one of the first people I met was Laura from Real Mom Kitchen. She was so friendly and kindly let me hang a bit with her and her sister that day. I love Laura’s blog and have used many of her recipes. When she told me she was coming out with a cookbook I was so excited for her. I was even more excited when she shared with me an “advance” copy.
The cookbook will be available to purchase the first of August but in the meantime you have the opportunity to win one right here on the blog. Just leave a comment below telling me what you are having for dinner tonight and you will be entered to win.
Giveaway is open until Sunday, July 24, midnight PST.
I know some people prefer a chewy, gooey brownie and others a more cake like brownie. I am right in the middle and these brownies are just that – a little chewy but not too chewy and a little cake like but not too cake like.
The recipe calls for a chocolate frosting but I ran out of time and butter so I just sprinkled them with a little powdered sugar!
In addition to being just the right consistency of brownie this recipe makes a large batch – it totally filled my 12 x 17 jelly roll pan almost to overflowing! I had a couple of different meetings at my house this past week and this big batch of brownies was perfect.
The next time you need a nice big batch of brownies give this recipe a try and be sure and check out Laura’s new cookbook.
- 8 eggs
- 4 C sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. vanilla
- 2 C butter, melted
- 3 C flour
- 1 1/2 C cocoa
- 4 C powdered sugar
- 1/2 C butter, softened
- 1/2 C cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat eggs in mixer until blended
- Add in sugar, salt and vanilla and beat for 1 minute
- Add in melted butter and blend together well
- In another bowl mix flour and cocoa and whisk until well blended
- Add flour/cocoa mixture to wet mixture and mix until well combined
- Spread into a greased 12 x 17 jelly roll pan
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Cool for 15 minutes and then frost
- Mix together powdered sugar, butter, and cocoa along with enough milk to make the frosting a good consistency to spread
- Spread over brownies after they have cooled for 15 minutes
- The frosting will melt, making it nice and even with the brownies
- Allow to cool