When I posted my gluten free zucchini bread recipe earlier this week I had several requests for my “regular” zucchini bread recipe.
This is a great basic zucchini bread recipe. It is delicious just as it is or you can dress it up a bit like I did this week. I decided to add blueberries and a streusel topping – so good!
Just like eating a blueberry muffin.
I add the streusel topping about 10 minutes into the baking time so it doesn’t get too brown.
This recipe is also great with a cup of mini chocolate chips added in instead of the blueberries. Chocolate just makes everything better, doesn’t it?
I made mine in mini loaf pans so I did a few different variations – just plain old zucchini bread. Zucchini bread with blueberries and streusel topping and then zucchini bread with just streusel topping and no blueberries. Have to say, my favorite was the one with blueberries and streusel topping!
So if you don’t have any zucchini in your garden ask a neighbor or just pick one up on your next trip to the grocery store like I had to because zucchini season is over in our garden.
- 3 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 C canola oil
- 2 C sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 2 C grated zucchini
- 2 C fresh blueberries
- ½ C old fashioned oats
- ½ C brown sugar
- ¼ C flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ C butter
- Grease bread pans - two 8 x 4 or 5 mini loaf pans.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, soda and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- In another bowl mix together the eggs, oil, vanilla and sugar.
- Add in bowl of flour mixture and mix well.
- Stir in zucchini.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 40-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Add streusel topping about 10-15 minutes into baking time if desired.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes and then remove bread from pans and cool on rack.
- Mix together until butter is well mixed in.
- Sprinkle over the top of the bread about 10-15 minutes into baking time.